What is back pain?
Can be caused from the lifestyle habits such: seated work, lack of movement, overweight.
The causes of persistent back pain are:
- high muscle tone
- muscle spasms e. cramp
- piriformis syndrome
- osteoporosis or bone loss
- disc prolapse
- back trauma
What to do to relieve back pain?
- Primary home remedies are analgesics (paracetamol, ibuprofen), both tablets and local preparates (ointments, creams). These relives the pain, the muscles relaxing and the tension decreases.
- When pain relives, one must start with exercises immediately. The exercises should be performed regularly (throughout life) to get a good result.
The family doctor/family nurse should contact when:
- pain occurs after traumatic event
- for home remedial recommendations
- despite treating at home, back pain persists for over 6 weeks
- pain is accompanied by fever
- pain is accompanied with urinary problems
- there is a disturbance in the sensation of the extremities (can not move the arm or leg)
Doctors who can help
Sorry, no results found