What is the purpose of a home visit?
A nurse's home visit is addressing those customers who want to access a high-quality and prompt health advice by an experienced practicing nurse without leaving a home. The nurse can, if necessary, carry out a health examination on the spot or conduct a (blood, urine) analysis to detect inflammation or other complications. The nurse may consult during the visit with an experienced family physician represented on MinuDoc platform and they can decide together on a necessary treatment approach.
The nurse's visit is conducted under medical supervision and in close cooperation with the doctor. The consultation is also documented into the patient's digital health record so that it can be accessed by both the client and the client's family doctor.
How do I order a home visit?
You can book a home visit from the Minudoc web. For this, please choose a nurse from Home Visit section and select a suitable time. In order to do this, please proceed to the nurse's profile, select the suitable time, authorize yourself via your mobile ID, Smart ID or ID card, enter your home address, describe the problem briefly, and pay a visit fee for your visit.
Your booking is transferred in real time to the nurse, who has to accept it. Once the nurse accepts your booking, you will receive an email notification and invoice for the service you have paid for. If the booking is not accepted, we will refund you the money.
Please stay at home at the agreed time. A nurse will either call you or ring the doorbell, introduce herself and, if necessary, present you with an identity document.
If you are not at home at the agreed time and do not respond to phone calls, we will consider the service provided, as the time spent on commute will be lost for the medical consultant.
The typical length of a visit on site is 20-30 minutes, but may be longer or shorter depending on the case.
When is it reasonable to invite a nurse for a home visit?
The home visit is the best fit for customers who require a physical check, or a high quality health advice privately for yourself or your child for various non-emergency disorders. An experienced nurse can check the lungs or carry out an examination of the throat or ear, assess the nature of the rash that has occurred and the need for treatment, make a blood or urine analysis to determine the level of inflammation, check the wound or recommend binding, control blood pressure or blood sugar, whenever appropriate give dietary recommendations.
Choose home visit when you or your child has:
- Respiratory and ear-nose-throat problems: sore throat, cough, runny nose, ear pain, cold disease
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloating, heartburn.
- Acute or prolonged tolerable and mild back pain, pain in extremities, headache, other pain
- Urinary disorders and other urinary problems
- Skin problems - rash, inflammation of the skin
- Eye inflammation
- Symptoms of Allergy
- Previously diagnosed chronic diseases - for example, hypertension, diabetes, asthma, thyroid dysfunction, if necessary counseling, treatment adjustment
- Desire for advice on the use of over-the-counter and prescription drugs
When home visit is not recommended?
It is NOT recommended to invite our medical professional to a home visit in the following cases (we recommend that you contact a family doctor, call 112 or attend an emergency department if you are in a more severe condition):
- for the regular prophylactic examination of infants and young children, usually performed by your family doctor
- issues related to gynecological and pregnancy monitoring
- for the assessment of the condition of chronic bed patients, or treatment
- when it comes to heart disease (other than hypertension), suspicion or exacerbation
- in the case of wounds with a higher incidence of fresh trauma, with fracture likely to require medical examination and urgent additional examination
- when it comes to persistent bleeding
- if you have severe breathing difficulties, shortness of breath, severe chest pain
- if you have a strong or intolerable, prolonged headache, abdominal pain (also in pregnant women)
- if you suddenly have visual problems, hearing problems, imbalance, unconsciousness
- if you suddenly experienced limb weakness, numbness
- if you have more serious injuries resulting from a fall, electric shock or an accident
- if you have a heart rhythm disorder accompanied by severe weakness, dizziness, disorder of consciousness
- if you have poisoning with chemicals, medicines
- if you have seizures
- mood and mental disorders
During home visit our medical professional does not:
- issue or extend prescriptions - it can be done by Minudoc family physician* if necessary
- does not open sick leaves
- does not carry out home care (for people with special needs)
- do not carry out drips or other treatments that are not prescribed by a doctor
* Minudoc doctors do not prescribe psychotropic or addictive prescriptions
Sorry, no results found