What is dermatitis?
Atopic dermatitis (eczema) is a condition that makes skin red and itchy. It's common in children but can occur at any age.
Atopic dermatitis is long lasting (chronic) and tends to flare periodically. It may be accompanied by asthma or hay fever.
How to treat?
- Regular skin care is the essential for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. The so-called base cream, which reduces the dryness of the skin, irritation and itching, suits well. Regular daily care relives itching and prevent new outbreaks.
- During the exacerbation of dermatitis, hormone reducing skin inflammation is used
- If allergens are known, avoid exposure to allergens
Family doctor/family nurse should contact:
- When dermatitis occurs for the first time
- In case of exacerbation of dermatitis
- To get home care recommendations
Doctors who can help
Sorry, no results found